Fantasy Concept - WWE DVD

This Tuesday sees the release of the highly anticipated 12-disc Raw 20th Anniversary Collection; with this in mind, the latest edition of Fantasy Concept looks at a similar idea for SmackDown.

2014 will mark the show’s 15th Anniversary, so why don’t we take a look at how a SmackDown 15th Anniversary Collection box set might just look…

SmackDown - 15th Anniversary Collection - Fantasy Concept WWE DVD

My set would feature 15 complete episodes along with a bonus feature – “SmackDown: Off the Air”, a collection of (dark) matches and segments recorded after the SmackDown tapings concluded.

SmackDown - 15th Anniversary Collection - Fantasy Concept WWE DVD

The episodes which I would like to see included on this set would be:

• September 23, 1999
  • May 11, 2007
  • October 3, 2008
  • June 26, 2009
  • November 13, 2009
  • October 14, 2011
  • January 11, 2013

Details on the matches from each episode are listed on the “disc holders” below.

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

SmackDown Collection - WWE DVD Fantasy Concept

Would this set interest you? It’s great to hear your feedback, so please use the comments section below or tweet me @_MarkD_.

1. Amanda Thibodeau says:

I need this were do I buy it … Like now need it for Christmas

2. Eric Aries says:

Old nations of damshion Reunion ihope
    The rock , Ron Simmons and mark Henry

I wish it was the corre Reunion
    Bad news Barrett , Justin Gabriel and (3mb/ sleater gator) heath sleater

3. Marta Plaza Jiménez says:

I am interested in that copillation of the 15th anniversary of Smack Down. Where can I buy?

4. Anan says:

I doybt WWE will do this.. But I wish they’d release every RAW and SD episode over multiple sets in order. Like RAW Vol.1 could be the first 20-30 episodes. Same with SD. I prefer they do it that way over random episodes. Hey TV shows have complete series box sets. Look at Power Rangers. Every season has been included in one big box set. If that can happen, surely a year’s, half a year’s or even a quarter year’s worth of RAW can be included on one set.

Again though, unlikely.

5. Avatar of Spritz1999 Spritz1999 says:

Looks good… can’t wait for this one, I really hope they do it! Nice job Mark_D!!! :P

6. Avatar of Thijs Thijs says:

Would be an instant buy :D Nice cover btw, well done by making this fantasy collection!

7. Anan says:

Not a bad collection. But the Smackdown special that aired in April 1999 also has to be a part of this set because it was the very first Smackdown ever.

The August 261999 episode also needs to be here because this was the first episode that happened when Smackdown became an actual weekly show rather than just a one night special like the April episode was some months prior.

Hard to really pick 15 episodes to put on a set when you’ve had so many episodes air since 1999 (or in RAW’s case, since 1993).

8. Jordan Cassatt says:

send it to WWE you got this all figured out!!

9. Jeremy Giles says:

I would love the whole Smackdown show that has TLC 3 on that DVD set

10. Steven Jackson says:

Good looking set right here. A lot of the matches I already own, but unlike RAW, I’d prefer to watch them on their original shows. A great concept. =)

11. Shawn Phelan says:

@Steve, how can you say wwe would never release something like this when this concept is inspired by a raw boxset being released tomorrow?! Stop bitching just for the sake of bitching. They released a best of smackdown tenth anniversary set which was a follow up to the raw fifteenth anniversary best of so there’s no logical reason to think this set isn’t possible. Just look at how many of marks concepts have already ended up becoming actual releases

12. I’d buy it for the post 9-11 show and the steel cage match with Batista and Undertaker.

13. captain planet says:

Great effort into the packaging of this! Always appreciate that as a design guy. Anyway, you could probably make a 15-disc DVD of Smackdown in 2009 and I’d buy it. Such a great year for Smackdown – that summer was one of the best periods in WWE…on the Smackdown front, at least. Not Raw.

14. Sake Joe says:

I’d buy it. Would really want to see the Christmas in Iraq.

15. Steve says:

Great Job! Too bad WWE is too stupid to release something as cool as this

16. James says:

Would definitely buy this. Hopefully someone within WWE has the same sort of idea.

17. RCS1988 says:

Good concept. Here’s a fantasy concept for the 20 Greatest PTW episodes, think you can do a custom cover for it. Some of the episodes I would include in my opinion are, the first episode 1/1/85, the last episode 1/4/93, the 100th episode 2/2/87, the 200th episode 1/16/89, the 300th episode 12/17/90, Heenan’s debut 4/28/86, Monsoon’s debut 7/16/85, The first live studio audience episode 2/18/91, the first roundtable episode 11/11/91, Perfect turns on Heenan 11/16/92, the 400th episode 12/28/92, and Monsoon & Heenan at Trump Plaza 3/21/88. That’s 10 episodes right there. There are 8 more episodes to think of.

18. Brad Attitude says:

Nice to see Benoit gets some love :)

19. Dave says:

Great idea, I was thinking about this last week actually. I distinctly remember downloading that after show match with Brock & Taker from Oct 2003 on the old Sledgehammer forums. Good times :)

20. Jake E says:

I would buy this set but for these sets to happen we need the raw 20th to sell well.

I’m only interested with full shows and dark matches now not ppvs (don’t know why).

21. ALK says:

Perfect, the use of the retro logo is a very nice touch! I sure hope the DVD department of WWE is watching closely. :3

22. Tim says:

Amazing do it! Ill buy it!

23. @OfficialFid says:

Shut up and take my money!

24. Eric says:

I would buy this right now

25. Avatar of Corey Rice Corey Rice says:

Great set I want this made

26. Avatar of Joe Israel Joe Israel says:

I hope Raw 20 sells well enough that this can happen next year. It would make an awesome companion piece.

27. JB says:

Holy crap that looks amazing. The smackdown off the air is really awesome.

28. THOMAS says: