The History of WWE: 50 Years of Sports Entertainment is released on DVD and Blu-ray next Tuesday!

The History of WWE - 50 Years of Sports Entertainment DVD Photos

With thanks to longtime reader Patrick Waters, we can now show you a full photo set for the DVD version. This 3-disc title is available to pre-order for $22.99 here on Amazon.com and it’s just gone up over at WWEShop.com for the same price.

“The History of WWE” releases in just over one week’s time on November 19th.

The History of WWE - 50 Years of Sports Entertainment DVD

The History of WWE - 50 Years of Sports Entertainment DVD

For one-half century, WWE has carved a permanent niche in Americana. What started in 1963 as a regional promotion is now a global entertainment phenomenon that captivates fans in over 150 countries and 30 different languages. Today, WWE is proud to commemorate its golden anniversary.

With this never-before-seen documentary, trace the journey from smoke-filled arenas to sold-out stadiums with the legendary Superstars and Legends who blazed the trail. The History of WWE: 50 Years of Sports Entertainment delivers all the indelible performers, from Bruno Sammartino to Hulk Hogan, Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, John Cena and countless others. Get ready to experience history with over a dozen bonus matches and moments, including:

• Bruno Sammartino’s epic championship reign comes to an end in Baltimore, Maryland
• Hulk Hogan slams Andre the Giant in front of over 93,000
• Austin 3:16 is born
• Generations collide at WrestleMania X8
• Mr. McMahon purchases WCW
…And so much more!

Full content of The History of WWE: 50 Years of Sports Entertainment DVD/BD.

The History of WWE DVD - Superstars

The History of WWE DVD - Discs

Runtimes

Disc 1: 2 hours (documentary).

Disc 2: 1 hour and 28 minutes.

Disc 3: 2 hours and 57 minutes.

Blu-ray Exclusives: 1 hour and 15 minutes.

The History of WWE DVD - Content

The History of WWE DVD

US Release: November 19th. Pre-order now.

AU Release: November 20th. Pre-order now.

UK Release: December 2nd. Pre-order now

The History of WWE DVD Artwork

The History of WWE DVD Artwork

The History of WWE DVD Artwork

1. Metfan says:

Looks like the first dvd I’ll be getting since CM Punks Only six segments and two matches I already have plus the great packaging means no blu ray

2. Thomas Goodearl says:

I bet the UK & European market still get the crappy plastic case since the really cool ones like above have been abandoned unless it’s WrestleMania!

3. king Shabazz says:

I think this release proves that the water in the wwe video well is running dry. Time to tap into the wcw & ecw video stash. Best of Nikita Koloff, anyone?

4. Steve says:

The 50 yeah history of WWE in 6.5 hours on DVD. Hopefully the Rise & Fall of WWE will be longer.

5. Big Jon says:

A definite no for me…wait a hard camera view of the biggest match of all time tempting, not $20 tempting. I’ll wait for the review of the match and possibly wait for shopwwe sale or Walmart $5 bin.

6. Vincenzzzzzo says:

Nice pics. I’d actually like to get the 50th Anniversary book when it comes out. Books are always more detailed with stories. I’m sure it will be a great read. Looking forward to this.

@ Nadir – Your list of matches have absolutely nothing to do with the theme of this DVD, by the way. You seem like the type of person who would put Royal Rumble matches on a “Best of SummerSlam” set….Good Lord.

7. John says:

Pretty nice set! It is a shame about the match selections though! I will get this when the price is $20, $27 is too much….

8. Ray Cornwall says:

This isn’t a first day purchase for me, but I could see buying it later on when the price drops. The match selection really is terrible, though. This needed some behind-the-scenes stuff to add to it. The hard-cam view of Andre-Hogan sounds very tempting; if they had more of this stuff, I’d be all over it.

9. They’ve done a terrific job on this.

10. Avatar of Wonderllama Wonderllama says:

This DVD should really have gotten four discs. One disc of documentary and three discs of matches, each focusing on a decade: 80′s, 90′s, 2000′s.

11. Richard says:

The match selection is what it is – I understand the premise of including these matches, even though there are numerous repeats. There are a few more I would have liked to have seen included, but my biggest disappointment is that the documentary is only 2 hours long. The definitive doc should have been at least 3 hours long if not longer with brand new interviews with Hulk Hogan, Pedro Morales, Andre the Giant’s only daughter, Dynamite Kid, Ultimate Warrior, and Betty Skaaland.

12. Nadir says:

Wow, matches sucks !. There are many matches better than those !…by far!.
    Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit Raw 2004, 5 stars match
    Undertaker vs Kurt Angle Smackdown 2006
    Chris Jericho vs Rob Van Dam Raw 2002
    Shawn Michaels vs Rey Mysterio Raw 2005
    Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar No Way Out 2004
    Triple h vs Cactus Jack Royal Rumble 2000-Street Fight
    The Rock vs Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker Vengeance 2002
    Shawn Michaels vs Jimmy Snuka 1992
    Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Survivors Series 1996
    Jeff Hardy vs The Undertaker Ladder Match
    Jerry Lawler vs Shawn Michaels Raw 1996
    Jeff Hardy vs Rob Van Dam Ladder Match
    Mr Perfect vs Shawn Michaels 1993, 5.1 Stars Match
    The list goes on and on…

You talk about “famous moments” ? who cares about cm punk’s nervous breakdown ?
    I want to see dx’s strip poker, Mankind as commissioner, Bret Hart’s heel turn,…

I’m not going to buy this dvd, i don’t need it. I’m going to youtube to see far more better stuff.

• Logic says:

You’re right. If Michaels vs. Snuka from 1992 isn’t on here, I’M OUT!

• Vincenzzzzzo says:

Yes! Jerry “The King” Lawler vs Shawn Michaels and the DX strip poker RAW segment were serious turning points for WWE. I’d love to hear your thoughts on exactly why those matches should be on here. WWE don’t just throw random matches on DVD releases.

On the bright side, I’m looking forward to seeing the Rock vs Hogan match with no blurs and in HD for the first time. I don’t think that match has been released since the blurring was stopped. I could be wrong.

• Nadir says:

Yes, good point. Trust me, you’d reaaally love to hear me explain my points, ahah ;-).
        In my opinion, Disc 2 and 3 are useless, that’s why I complained about it in my first comment. But yeah, this dvd is about “turning point moments” not “famous moments”, in that category, there is much more better moments.

Oh yes, i share your opinion concerning HD. But quite honeslty, i’m not going to buy this dvd, i don’t need it. I saw the major party a thousand times.

• Anonymous says:

It’s the History of WWE, not random good matches of the WWE.

13. LP1 says:

Really cool to see the very first WWWF World Title belt on the package. Also I wonder what “Arena Camera-No Commentary” is all about on the Mania III Hogan-Andre match. Is that just a view of the whole match directly from the hard camera? I’m more interested in that now.

• Patrick says:

That’s exactly what it is – the whole match from the hard cam and no commentary. It’s definitely an interesting look at the match; cool to see it from a different perspective after all these years.

14. HOLY says: