WWE Raw 20th Anniversary

As of latest word, the WWE DVD release celebrating the 20th anniversary of Monday Night Raw this year is going ahead. This has been slated to be a “box set” release and is speculated to be more than the norm 3-DVD/2-BD releases seen throughout the year. There are currently no further details on how many discs will comprise the set.

What we do know, as of now, is that it’s on the way for December 2013 in both DVD and Blu-ray formats with the name “WWE: Raw 20th Anniversary Collection“.

We have also heard that for the SummerSlam DVD release this year, along with the standard DVD and the Blu-ray there may be a 2 disc DVD version (possibly store exclusive) which contains the extras usually only present on the Blu-ray. That being selected matches and segments from the Raw and Smackdown episodes leading into the PPV.

For those wondering, we can confirm that this year’s Survivor Series event will make it to Blu-ray format. Survivor Series has been released on Blu-ray only twice to date in the US.

A summer sale is running this weekend only at here at WWEShop.com.

Selected items are with up to 60% off. The DVD deals found in there include the SummerSlam 2009, 2010 and 2011 DVDs for $4.99 each, SummerSlam 2012 on DVD for $9.99 or on Blu-ray for $11.99, and volumes of the SummerSlam Anthology set for $29.99 each.

WWEShop SummerSlam Sale

Yesterday the full content of “Straight to the Top: The Money in the Bank Ladder Match Anthology” was revealed, ahead of its release in October.

We can confirm that the total runtime for the DVD is approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes. The Blu-ray edition has almost 2 hours of extra footage which are the bonus cash-in segments. That takes the total runtime of the Blu-ray to approximately 8 hours and 29 minutes.

On the TNA DVD front, ShopTNA.com has several newly added DVD for the US market including One Night Only: X-Travaganza, Joker’s Wild, Genesis 2013, and Lockdown 2013.

New TNA Wrestling DVDs

The Joker’s Wild DVD is released to the UK next week over at TNADVD.co.uk.

The Mick Foley “For All Mankind” documentary is now streaming on Netflix in the US.

You can get a 30 day trial of Netflix absolutely free (cancel any time) by clicking here.

WWE Mick Foley For All Mankind DVD Documentary

A few WDN readers have let us know that their orders for the Money in the Bank 2013 Blu-ray with Walmart have shipped out, which looks to confirm the product was not listed on their website in error. It’s also now up on BestBuy.com so the status of ‘store exclusivity’ is unknown right now. Money in the Bank 2013 is officially released this Tuesday.

We’re 17 days away from the release of WWE’s new Madison Square Garden set and you can pre-order yours on DVD or Blu-ray format by clicking here.

Check out these new product shots, courtesy of WrestlingSuperStore.com.

WWE Best of Madison Square Garden DVD Blu-Ray Artwork

The UK versions of ECW Unreleased Vol. 2 are shipping out now from WWEDVD.co.uk.

WWE ECW Unreleased Vol. 2 DVD Blu-ray

Check these Amazon deals on WWF DVDs, all up for grabs from $3 to $14 each!

Rare WWF DVD Collection

The Rock: The People’s Champ ($3.02 used)
Funniest Moments ($3.10 used)
Behind Tough Enough ($3.11 used)
The Rock: Just Bring It ($3.33 used)
Best of WrestleMania 1-14 ($3.99 used)
Before They Were Superstars ($4.74 used)
The Rock: Know Your Role ($4.99 used)
The Rock: Just Bring It [2 Disc] ($5.74 used)
Triple H: The Game ($6.48 used)
Hardy Boyz: Leap of Faith ($6.92 used)
Unforgiven 2001 ($8.99 new)
Stone Cold Steve Austin: What? ($9.19 used)
Rebellion 2001 ($9.38 used)
King of the Ring 2000 ($9.98 used)
Best of Raw Vol. 1 ($9.99 used)
Best of Survivor Series 1987-1997 ($10.79 used)
Eve of Destruction ($10.97 used)
nWo: Back in Black ($12.11 used)
SummerSlam 1999 ($12.69 used)
Three Faces of Foley ($13.88 used)
Undertaker: This Is My Yard ($14.35 used)

1. Isrs4life says:

I would love WWE to make a Raw dvd set on the greatest matches that
    ever happened that be neat if you guys could make a fantasy concept
    of what it would look like I hope WWE would do one that be one of the first
    Raw sets that I would buy but i’m thinking of getting Raws 20th anniversary dvd set

all thow one time the other week ago I saw the 15th anniversary one used but I did not
    want to buy it thow thinking of having a fresh Raw set since I never boughten the tv
    sets before.

• Anan says:

It’s a great idea. Only thing is everyone has their own opinion about what is best. WWE can’t put everyone’s greatest lists onto one set. As a result, everyone’s gonna complain about why a match they thought was the greatest wasn’t included.

IMO, WWE’s best releases lie in documentaries because match compilations and sometimes even matches included on the documentary set are at times, a mixed bag.

I feel WWE should utilize fan suggestions since they’re the ones who are the consumers. It’ll eliminate complaints to some degree and fans will get what they want more since they made suggestions.

At the end of the day, someone’s gonna complain about something. But I still like the idea of fan suggestions through social media since WWE’s been pushing that as of late. Just a thought. Worked successfully for Austin’s Bottom Line set. So IMO, why not give it another shot?

2. Isrs4life says:

Old WWE DVDs before 2004 well I had them on VHS so I dont need
    to get them but I like the 3-Disk DVD Sets the best for what I look
    forward to the most.

3. Domenic says:

I am here to post more RAW matches……….

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
    August 18, 2008

Brock Lesnar vs. Ric Flair
    July 1, 2002

The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero (RIP)
    July 22, 2002

Stone Cold, Ric Flair, and Bradshaw vs. The NWO
    May 6, 2002

Loser Leaves RAW Match
    Kane vs. Umaga
    October 9, 2006

4. Brad Attitude says:

Will this box set feature Razor Ramon vs. 123 Kid or Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty??

In other news, I would still love to see a RAW: Best of Season 1995 & 1996.

• Anonymous says:

I’d rather see sets from when the company was actually good. September 1993 to September 1995 was easily the worst period in WWF history (only rivaled by July 2009 to November 2010). There probably isn’t even two hours worth of good unreleased Raw footage from these periods.

5. Domenic says:

I really hope WWE includes nice content like these matches…….

Stone Cold vs Ric Flair

Falls Count Anywhere Match
    Kane vs. X-Pac
    April 8, 2002

10 Man Elimination Match
    John Cena, Edge, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, and Chris Jericho vs. The Nexus
    August 30, 2010

I will post more matches later.

• beast says:

Oh please do i cant wait

• Anonymous says:

There’s a lot of great stuff in that list. I could do without the repeats and the stuff from 2008 to present, but if they were to release all of the unreleased stuff on this list, I could even live with that stuff.

6. Nicolas Hébert says:

I paid my Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble and Summer Slam Anthology for 200$ CDN each and it was a 20 disc box set. Wrestlemania in 2005, Royal Rumble in 2007 and Summerslam also in 2007. So I think a 20 disc DVD will be approximaly that much and 50$ or 100$ more for the Blu-Ray version.

7. Avatar of David David says:

Don’t think WWE will ever release complete seasons of RAW on DVD/Blu-ray, unless you have Classics on Demand and burn the episodes on DVD. But they likely won’t even go past 1999 due to 2000 getting Benoit heavy, which is why they seemed to stop Nitro from August 1998.

I found this seller about a month ago that sells complete RAW, Nitro, SD, ECW HCTV, and WWECW on Blu-ray. I got RAW 1997, SD 1999 and ECW 2006 from him and they come in professionally printed covers and look and sound great. Here is a pic:

All episodes are complete, the seller is from UK but all episodes are region free in NTSC format.

8. HANK says:

Genesis isn’t new, it’s been on the site for a few months.

9. THOMAS says:

I am just wondering where I could get the rest of the fantastic WWF PPV events on dvd, only have to get certain events that I don’t have to complete the WWF collection

10. Avatar of Mark D Mark D says:

How would everyone feel if Raw 20th Anniversary Collection turned out to be a standard 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray?

LOL you say that as if you know what will happen but don’t have the heart to tell us.

Personally, I’d be upset if it was only 3 DVD/2 Blu but WWE could redeem themselves by doing something like “Raw Unreleased” in the future.

I don’t know it isn’t 20 discs, but all I’m thinking is: lets not get to excited. If it is a standard release everyone is going to be disappointed. Lets not forget Flair’s “Collections” were 3 discs each.

• Vincenzzzzzo says:

If it is only 2-3 discs, then all I would want to see is them release matches and segments not already released on the other RAW DVD’s, that’s all. They always seem to skip 1995, 1996 and 1997 but I would want them to at least show a lot of footage from those years. One of my favorite matches is from 1996 which was Steve Austin vs Mankind from RAW in November 1996. It has only been released on one of Mick Foley’s earlier sets and that’s it.

Another rare one i remember was one the very first Stone Cold vs. Undertaker matches from RAW in July 1996…very good match. People seem to forget Austin was a great ring worker before his neck was messed up.

Couple other great rare matches from 1996 that i could remember were Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty from July, Bret Hart vs. Owen from night after Survivor Series and Undertaker vs. Mankind No Holds Barred from December.

• Vincenzzzzzo says:

I was at that RAW taping for the Bret Hart / Owen Hart match. That’s when they used to tape 4 weeks of RAW the night after every PPV. That was a great match between Bret and Owen. I might even say one of their best.

• Anonymous says:

“all I would want to see is them release matches and segments not already released ”

This!

Release the remaining good stuff from 1993 and 1994. Put out all the good unreleased stuff from the first half of 1995. That shouldn’t take up more than about half a disc as there wasn’t much good stuff happening in the WWF from 1993 to 1995 that hasn’t already been released anyway. September 1995 to March 1998 has been well covered, so no need to include much of that. Instead, the focus should be on the remaining unreleased Attitude era scratch logo footage extending even into post-scratch logo footage to include around October 2002. Everything else has been exhausted. And, I hope there’s almost NOTHING from the last five years.

11. WWEFAN2013 says:

Don’t know about anyone else but this year IMO has been horrible for WWE DVD/Blu Rays. I’ve only bought Mick Foley Blu Ray this year and am planning to get that HHH one too.

This RAW 20th Anniversary set is a step in the right direction though. I hope 2014 is a step in the right direction too.

I hope Danny is doing a 2014 wanted DVD/Blu Ray list like every year.

• Anonymous says:

I agree. It really hasn’t been a great year for releases. Certainly nothing close to the 2007-2009 releases. Of the stuff already released, the only ones I’ve enjoyed have been the Nitro (which really could have been much better) and War Games releases. Of the stuff on the schedule, I’m only looking forward to the Mid South and Goldberg releases.

12. Anonymous says:

The only things I really want to see on the Raw box set are:
    -1/18/93 Mr. Perfect vs. Taylor
    -9/27/99 Austin vs. Rock
    -10/4/99 Rock vs. Jericho
    -5/6/02 JBL/Austin/Flair vs. Big Show/Hall/X-Pac
    -6/3/02 Austin vs. Flair
    -8/5/02 Jericho vs. RVD
    -9/2/02 Flair vs. HHH

With the exception of the 2000-2001 period that had a lot of great moments I don’t have the time to list, these are really the only moments of Raw that I feel need to be released on DVD.

Um…the show has been running for 20 YEARS. Theres a lot more than all of that. For instance:

7/7/97 Great Sasuke vs Taka Michinoku
      10/25/97 Bret Hart vs Ken Shamrock
      11/24/97 New Age Outlaws vs Legion Of Doom

Maybe we will finally get the 10 Man Tag from 2000 now that WWE is allowing Benoit in certain situations.

• Anonymous says:

You’re absolutely right. There’s a lot more than what I listed. I just think the stuff I listed finally need to be released. Let’s face it: 1993 and 1994 have been fairly thoroughly covered. I simply listed the only good stuff from those years that surprisingly hasn’t been released. The early years of the Monday night war era (late 1995 through early 1998), as well as the WWE 2002-present have also been well covered on DVDs released while the company wasn’t able to show the scratch logo. In many ways, it’s almost like they tried avoiding scratch logo footage and that’s how we have a relative overabundance of footage from those periods. That’s why I feel the remaining scraps from 1993 and 1994, along with the scratch logo era footage (March 1998 to May 2002) deserve priority at this point.

13. Vincenzzzzzo says:

1996-1997 is still my favorite years in Monday Night RAW history. I hope the new set shows a lot of footage from those years.

14. Avatar of Erik G. Erik G. says:

The period most needing unreleased matches is 1995-1996. 3 years ago we already got a bunch of stuff from 1993-1994, and the Attitude Era has been covered quite a bit as well. The early 2000′s has a lot of stuff yet to be released also.

So what unreleased matches and moments does everyone want to see?

LOL now that I think of it I can see why 95-96 is mostly unreleased — it’s not very good!

The most obvious unreleased matches I can think of are Austin vs Rock from the week before WM14 and New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie from the night after WM14. Rock vs Austin from the night after WM17 would be nice, also. It was only released on a DVD called “Action!” that came out 12 years ago. I would also like to see some stuff from the early Raw Is War episodes and from the ECW invasion episode from Feb. 1997. Some people might be mad at me for saying this but this would also be a good place for re-releasing matches that were only released years ago and are out of print.

15. Anonymous says:

I’d love for the Raw set to be a disc for each year, but then we’d be getting into Anthology prices and the Blu-Ray cost would be insane.

• Scott says:

I think a Raw anthology would be huge Each fall they could release two years with extra content for blu-ray Price could be around 60-70 I think most hardcore fans would invest into that not just to watch but to collect as well

16. Eric says:

I can’t wait for that Raw boxset.

17. Since we Have 93-94 on DVD Along with 09,2010,2011,and 2012.It’ll be sweet to have the best of 95 to 2008

18. Interested to see how this Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set is gonna be presented.The Blu Ray is gonna be an Arm and A leg

19. LP1 says:

I hope the Raw 20th Anniversary set is something more along the lines of the best matches from each year(93-13) instead of a highlight reel of best-of moments. No need to see the Austin beer bath and Vince’s corvette getting filled with cement for the 20th time.

20. Avatar of David David says:

The RAW 20th Anniversary Box Set sounds interesting…there have been so many RAW related DVDs the last years and i think most have been covered. Not sure what they will do with this. Unless it will be similar to the “Best of Season 1 & 2 “.

Also Lockdown 2013 has been added to ShopTNA as of yesterday.

21. dubbaseedubba says:

20 disc, 10 BR set repping the best of RAW each year?

22. Tommy D says:

Best Buy just added it to their website today as well. My MITB Blu Ray was also shipped from Walmart today.