Thanks to @InZachWeTrust for contributing to this article.
Now unveiled, the official cover artwork for The Best of WWE at Madison Square Garden!
Here’s everything we know so far about the Best of MSG release:
- It’s confirmed to be produced as a three disc DVD and two disc Blu-ray set.
- The release date to the United States is August 27th; Amazon has it to pre-order here.
- It will be released September 4th to Australia, September 9th to the UK.
- WWE involving Bruno Sammartino in the project is said to be a focal point. There will be new interview pieces with him included between matches and moments.
- At least 20 matches are planned for the compilation and WWE reportedly went with a “never-before-seen” on DVD approach with several of those chosen.
- As of now only the Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels WrestleMania 10 Ladder Match has been revealed, along with a look at John Cena’s Royal Rumble victory in the Garden.
- The official synopsis for the DVD and Blu-ray is as follows.
For nearly 50 years, Madison Square Garden has been the home of WWE. From sell out crowds cheering on Bruno Sammartino’s incredible championship run to the birth of Hulkamania, the inaugural WrestleMania, a stunner heard round the world and several legendary moments in between, WWE presents the moments that have helped legitimize the moniker World’s Most Famous Arena.
This collection showcases over 20 of the greatest matches and moments at MSG spanning all generations of WWE. Along with interviews from several WWE legends and Superstars, fans will relive several of the key moments in history that shaped the WWE of today.